Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 2 Blog Reflection

There was alot of things to do this week. First, let me talk about the three school leaders. Each one had realistic ideas and from those ideas can create other research action plans. I like the analogy that Dr. Chargois says he describes learning to a growing tree. Learning never stop no matter your education. I learned our job as administrator is to not settle and not to be ok with average.
After reading chapter 2 and completing each of the nine area of wondering. I learned all the areas of questioning and resolving through different action research plans. I don't have lots of experience in leadership so my mind is opening to all the areas . I really didn't realize exactly what goes into being an administrator.  I learned that action research plan affect students, teachers, custodians, and administrators. I realized that some of my staff development are what Dana says as "sit and get" or "spray and pray". This is so true. I can remember tons of professional development where I left with little to use. Action research gives us the opportunity to explore what is important to us and be involved to the action research plan.  I'm a mom/teacher, I'm always looking for ways to improve in school and home life. We also have action research plans we follow and create. It may not be as formal, but it is still unique to our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment